My first Native’s Guide to Austin was pretty slanted towards adults – well this guide is for KIDS!
General activity sites:
Kid summer movie programs:
Austin Splash Pads & Pools:
- The Thinkery http://thinkeryaustin.org – Used to be Austin Children’s Museum
- Food Trucks and Farmer’s Market: Mueller is also home to the Mueller Farmers’ Market held every Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. under the historic Browning Hangar in Mueller Lake Park. To see learn more about the Mueller Farmers’ Market visit MuellerAustin.com/retail/farmers-market
- I know there’s a playground
- There’s a lake with geese and a trail you can walk that’s pretty http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g30196-d7916801-Reviews-Mueller_Lake_Park-Austin_Texas.html
- Ella Wooten Pool Hours (Tuesday – Sunday) Open Swim: 2pm – 8pm Temporary: Lifeguards on Duty from 9am – 10pm
For more details see my first blog: https://greasergrrl.wordpress.com/2006/03/13/anns-guide-to-austin/
- Mayfield Park http://mayfieldpark.org
- Mt. Bonnell
- Laguna Gloria (Contemporary Art Museum) http://www.thecontemporaryaustin.org/
Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
And gosh, don’t forget the natural hikes – best part about Austin:
And natural swimming holes:
You have to go early and drive about an hour to get to these but they are worth it and are fun for kids!
And Tubing if you are willing to drive to New Braunfels (it’s worth it but takes preparation and time).